The Foundation is currently seeking a tech-savvy Social Media and Content Coordinator to develop and execute an online communications strategy and plan, with particular attention to the communications plan to bring maximum exposure for the annual announcement of new Fellows. The position will be part-time at 20 hours per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with Foundation staff, develop and execute an online communications strategy and plan across multiple platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, to increase the visibility of the Guggenheim Foundation and Fellowship.
- Develop and manage content for the Foundation’s website, www.gf.org.
- Plan and implement the online media components of the Foundation’s annual announcement of new Fellows.
- Propose and create year-round social media content about the Foundation and its Fellows, and monitor visitor numbers and engagement.
- Recommend and execute new strategies for increased social media visitor numbers and engagement.
- Coordinate with Foundation staff to monitor news of Fellows and the Foundation to ensure that digital content is current, compelling and regularly updated.
- Monitor social media for coverage of the Foundation, its Fellows, and issues that affect them.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in higher education or the arts.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience with social media content development and monitoring.Knowledge of and experience with the most current tools and strategies in social media.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of the Foundation.Experience and comfort working as part of a small team in a developing program.
- Strong collaborator, individual contributor, and team player who can develop authentic partnerships throughout the Foundation.
Please send a resume and cover letter via email in a single PDF document to:
John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
Social Media and Content Coordinator Search
John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.